Bluefield State College Research and Development Corporation
A LITTLE HISTORY: A six story blonde brick Classical Revival office building erected in 1923, the Bailey Building housed the offices of the famous Baldwin-Felts Detective Agency, as well as the Pocahontas Operators Association and a Hudson car dealership on the first floor. The Appalachian Power Company (now American Electric Co.) purchased the building in 1939 and lavished nearly one million dollars remodeling the structure, whose ornate aluminum and wood first floor furnishings were widely renowned. This building has housed the Bluefield State College Research and Development Corporation, various offices and the Small Business Incubator since 2005.
A Catalyst for Change